The Dance Center in Brandon, Florida is currently offering a Pre-Professional Training Program for dancers who are seriously interested in pursuing a professional career in ballet. The program’s primary focus is on technique with an emphasis on stage presence, pointe & variations. Dancers pursuing a career as a professional artist need to be introduced to the classical variations that can be required as a professional. This program will allow the dancer to participate in ballet classes five to six days a week.
The Dance Center offers private coaching with international instructors for dancers enrolled into this program. Dancers may also have the opportunity to enter into the Youth American Grand Prix (YAGP) and the American Dance Competition (ADC)
Admittance into the program is by audition only. Other opportunities include being a part of the Brandon Ballet, Tampa Bay’s premier Ballet Company.
Along with daily technique and pointe classes, the program will provide the following structure and educational components:
- Program Structure: Format is structured so the dancer receives the highest level of training and coaching in a controlled and small environment guaranteeing individualized tracking of physical and emotional development. Dancers will train side-by-side with professional dancers to challenge and fully prepare them for their desired profession.
- Mentoring: Bi-monthly mentoring meetings to enhance performance abilities, assist with future career/collegiate planning, and to shape positive artistic temperament.
- Career Guidance (Collegiate & Performance): Complete career planning for success at every stage of a dancer’s journey. Assistance in pursuing both a professional performing career and collegiate education in the field of dance or an outside field including: resumes, website building, cover letters, college essay and grant writing, FASFA preparation, audition advising and artistic statement.
- Academic Excellence: Highly-focused students can attend home school programs or traditional public school in the mornings combined with a virtual learning program of the family’s choosing, while committing to ballet training each afternoon.
- Personal Marketing and Promotion: Our program supports the highest level of success for each dancer by providing instruction and guidance with personal website design, audition/social media photography, and creating dance reels for marketing.
- Community Outreach: Dancers have the opportunity and honor to participate in community events, appearances, and performances throughout the season.
- Strength Training & Conditioning: Working with a Stott Pilates certified teacher, dancers receive at least 15 Pilates sessions per season which are tailored to assist in injury prevention and overall conditioning to support a full-time performing dancer.
- Age requirement: Must be at least 14 years old.
Sample Schedule for Pre-Professionals
Ladies, Tues. – Fri.
12:00 – 1:30: Technique class with Professional dancers
1:30 – 2:30: Pointe class/ Pas de deux class
2:30 – 3:30: Production rehearsals with Professionals
3:30 – 4:00: Personal Development (Dance History, Artistry, Audition Prep, Career Planning, etc)
Lads, Tues. – Fri.
12:00 – 1:30: Technique class with professionals
1:30 – 2:30: Allegro Training/ Pas de deux class
2:30-3:30: Rehearsal with Professionals
3:30-4:00: Personal development (Dance history, artistry, audition prep, career planning, etc.)
Pre-Professionals will also be called for various rehearsals on some Friday nights and Saturdays. Dancers will not be called for the entire time on Friday nights and Saturdays; called rehearsals will be within this time frame.
The pre-professional program costs a total of $3,240.00
Tuition can be paid in full at the beginning of the season or in monthly installments of $360.00 All tuition payments are due on the 1st of each month (Sep – May)